Parents Legal Center Surrey

Parent legal centres help parents resolve their child protection issues quickly and collectively by providing services at every stage of the child protection issue. British Columbia Family Class List Find a lawyer or paralegal to help you with specific aspects of your legal problem. This is a more affordable way to get legal help because you only pay for what you need. Lawyers and paralegals on this list have chosen to offer this service. Newton Town Centre Parent Legal Centre 308 – 7337 137th Street Surrey, BC V3W 1A4 Tel: 604-408-2172 Helps parents address social workers` concerns about their children`s safety. Lawyers will help you through the process, represent you and make sure you know your rights. Parenting After Separation Workshops and Handbook Free online workshops to help parents make informed decisions about separation that consider their children`s best interests. Also a PDF manual downloadable for free. The Parents Legal Centre (PLC) provides a lawyer and advocate to help parents in some locations manage their child protection issues early and collaboratively (all working together).

This booklet promotes and describes the Parents Legal Centre (PLC), a free service that helps parents address the social worker`s concerns. Describes the type of help you can get from a lawyer and a lawyer, and how to know if you are qualified. Parents Legal Centres (PLC) provide a free lawyer and advocate to help parents address the social worker`s concerns about their children`s safety (child protection) from the outset. Together, they can help find solutions that work for the family. This service is offered to parents at any time after they are first contacted by the Ministry or a delegated Aboriginal organization. The first CPA opened at the Vancouver Provincial Court in 2015. There are now ten locations serving communities across British Columbia. Parents` Legal Centres (CPEs) assist parents with child protection issues in the community. Call the Parents Legal Centre (PLC) immediately to find out if you are eligible for a free lawyer: 1-888-522-2752 (1-888-LABC-PLC) Family Duty Counsel 14340 – 57 Surrey Avenue, BC V3X 1B2 Tel.

: 604-572-2204 Duty counsel provide free assistance to qualified low-income individuals with their family law matters, including child protection matters (if the Ministry of Children and Family Development is involved in your Family is involved). Can give advice and can speak on your behalf in court in simple cases. You can also attend family case conferences in some courts. They will not take charge of your entire case and will not represent you in a lawsuit. Desk Order Divorce Basic Guide to Your Own Undisputed Divorce. Please check with your local library. We`re here to help. DFC`s lawyer and advocate can help you address the social worker`s concerns about your children`s safety (child protection) early on.

Together, they can help you find solutions that work for you and your family. To find a centre near you, see the map below. Enter your address or postal code, or click the Use My Location button, and then select the check box next to Parental Rights Centres. Family Law in British Columbia Excellent website for family law issues. Also has a chat help service that provides live help in finding resources. Also, have fact sheets and self-help guides to guide you through filing court applications. If you would like more information or notice a required change, you can contact us. There are ten automatons in British Columbia: Campbell River, Duncan, Kamloops, Prince George, Smithers/Hazelton, Surrey, Terrace, Vancouver, Victoria and Williams Lake. If a ministry social worker or delegated Indigenous agency contacts you or visits your home, you may be investigated.

Surrey Justice Access Centre 14340 57th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3X 1B2 (3rd floor) Tel: 604-501-3100 Information on court proceedings, mediation and assistance with applications. They provide neutral and confidential services to British Columbians who are separating or divorcing. Currently, services are only available by telephone or videoconference. Please call the number above. Ministry of Justice e-Divorce New unique tool from the Government of British Columbia. Currently in beta and is only open to joint divorce. Joint divorce means filing for divorce with your spouse. This means that you and your spouse agree on a divorce and agree on all family law issues relevant to your situation, such as spousal support and the division of family property and debts.

If you don`t live near an ATM, you may be able to get help at a PLC network location in your community. Family Law Line Tel: 1-866-577-2525 or 604-408-2172 If you have a low income and a family law problem, you may be eligible for free telephone advice. Family Law LINE lawyers provide brief “Next Step” advice on topics such as custody, contacts, guardianship, child support, spousal support, asset division, family arrangements, adoption, and litigation. Interpreters available. If you already have a lawyer working with you on your child protection issue, parental legal centres can`t help you. JP Boyd on Family Law – ClickLaw Wikibooks Provides practical and in-depth coverage of family law and divorce law in British Columbia. Available online with links to the forms and in printed form in the library. Surrey Libraries does not endorse or promote any particular resource or program, and inclusion herein does not imply endorsement by the library. You can also call 211 for a free, confidential and multilingual information and referral line for a full range of community, social and government services. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.